[olug] Configuring Sendmail

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 03:15:16 UTC 2005

In an effort to reduce spam originating on their own
network, Cox only allows their servers to send
outbound email.

One option is to configure your email server as a
smarthost, using one of your seven Cox id's.  What
this means is when your server goes to send a message,
it actually connects with a user account to the Cox
server, and the Cox server does the send rather than
your server.

I am sure you will get other replies with other valid
solutions.

-=Sean Edwards=-
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
--- "EXT-Creitz, David P" <david.p.creitz at boeing.com>