[olug] Fwd: [Compsci_jobs] Children's Museum Volunteers

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Wed Jan 19 20:37:12 UTC 2005

I thought this was something that some people in OLUG or ACM might be
interested in.

--
| Christopher
| Here I stand.  I can do no other.              |

To: "'compsci_jobs at lists.unomaha.edu'" <compsci_jobs at lists.unomaha.edu>,
From: Doug Bahle <DBAHLE at foundation.nebraska.edu>
Subject: [Compsci_jobs] (no subject)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:32:50 -0600

[-- Attachment #1 --]
[-- Type: multipart/alternative, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 4.7K --]

Hello!

The Omaha Children's Museum is seeking volunteers to help with a
science/IT focused exhibit and has turned to The Peter Kiewit Institute
for assistance.  They are seeking volunteers to share their knowledge
of, aptitude for and interest in things high tech with young children
who visit the museum.  This might be a nice project for a club,
organization or for those who seek or need volunteer hours. If you are
interested, follow the application directions.

Doug Bahle, Ed. D.

Career Resource Center
The Peter Kiewit Institute

1110 South 67th Street

Omaha, NE 68182

402-554-2090

dbahle at foundation.nebraska.edu

                         The Peter Kiewit Institute
                           Career Resource Center

                                  05024pti

This is a volunteer opportunity for those of you who may be interested,
or need, a volunteer activity to meet classroom or degree needs.

The Omaha Children's Museum is seeking part-time volunteers/docents to
work in an unpaid capacity starting January 27, 2005.

The Omaha Children's Museum is located in downtown Omaha at 500 South
20^th Street Times will vary by day and will include Saturday, Sunday
and/or Thursday nights. The latest the museum is open is 8:00 (Thursday)
so we are not looking at real late hours.

Position Description: The Omaha Children's Museum is looking for high
energy individuals to volunteer during our winter/spring exhibition
"Invention at Play." The "Invention at Play" volunteer will be
responsible for maintaining a fun, safe and inviting learning
environment on the museum floor.

Specific areas of responsibility include serving museum visitors by
interacting with visitors and engaging them in the "Invention at Play"
activity cart which includes high-tech inventions that will excite and
interest young visitors.

This is an opportunity for PKI students to pass on their love of and
aptitude for technology and engineering to younger children.

Volunteers should have excellent communication skills and be able to
represent the museum to a wide variety of audiences in a clear and
professional manner and make all visitors feel welcome.

To apply: forward your resume to Tom Simons at the Omaha Children's
Museum by Wednesday, January 26, 2005. Mr. Simons email address is
tsimons at ocm.org.