[olug] Temp position - Lincoln

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Jan 14 20:03:18 UTC 2005

We're looking for a a technician to fill a temporary position here at NET.
This is a position that will be filling in for a coworker who's out having
chemotherapy.  We're figuring to keep it open for about 6 months.  If you
or someone you know is interested contact me at this address and I'll get
info on applying.

Job duties:

PC troubleshooting
End user application support

Skills desired:

Experience with:
Novell client32
Lotus Notes 6 or 6.5
MS Office 2000
Netware (were using version 6.5)
Windows 2000

Personality traits desired:
Team player
Upbeat personality
Ability to solve problems on your own initiative.

While the temp job isn't very glamorous I'll tell you straight up that
there's a 90% probability that our (permanent, salaried) help desk position
will be opening up within a couple of months and this would be an excellent
opportunity to get in the door with not much on your resume.

We have a very diverse computing environment with many opportunities to
learn skills and gain experience with technologies that you don't encounter
every day.  For instance we have one Fibre Channel SAN and we're installing
another.  We have both Novell eDirectory and Windows Active Directory.  We
have Netware, Windows, Linux, Solaris, and Mac servers.  We have plans to
test Linux on the desktop.  We're involved with web development, security
intrusion detection and prevention, and numerous other project involving
delivering educational content to schools across Nebraska.

Just so it's clear this job is in Lincoln (1800 N 33rd).

Bill Brush
Nebraska Educational Telecommunications
CNE, CLE
402-472-9333 ext 589

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The
latter cannot understand it when a [person] does not thoughtlessly submit
to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses their
intelligence.
--Albert Einstein