[olug] 10 ways to pay back the open source community

Tim OBrien IrishMASMS at OLUG.ORG
Wed Jan 12 22:03:36 UTC 2005

<quote who="VHP3">
> I tend to agree with #8, share thy wisdom.  Mainly, in
> 'spreading the word'.  There are droves of people out
> there who don't even know the Open Source community
> exists and are stuck purchasing expensive software for
> free when suitible open source solutions exist.  Case
> in point, my girlfriend, far from the techno-dweeb
> that I am, but she needed an office suite to write a
> paper and couldn't afford M$ Office.  So, being the
> nice guy that I am steered her in the direction of
> Open Office, which she loves.  She then spread the
> word to a couple of roommates who use it also.

Vince - You telling the story of 'speading the love' with your girlfriend
& her roomates is Too Much Information (TMI)! ;)

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Previous Publicity & Social activities chairperson