[olug] Launching x-based programs on a remote machine's display?

Nick Walter nwalter at neb.rr.com
Tue Feb 15 05:17:59 UTC 2005

Connect to the  MythTV machine via SSH, and reset your DISPLAY variable to
be the MythTV  machine's primary display instead of your remote systems
DISPLAY.  Usually that would just be DISPLAY=0:0.  At that point any X apps
you fire up should display on the Myth box assuming no security or access
issues.

Nick Walter