[olug] From Tejaswi: Unix Utils in Windows (fwd)

David Loyall david.loyall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 23:19:55 UTC 2005

Hi, All.

Slightly off topic, maybe, but, I don't use the 'Server Resource Kit'
for tail on windows.

I use UnxUtils.  http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/

>From the site:
"Here are some ports of common GNU utilities to native Win32. In this
context, native means the executables do only depend on the Microsoft
C-runtime (msvcrt.dll) and not an emulation layer like that provided
by Cygwin tools."

"The following program versions are covered:

bc-1.05
bison-1.28
bzip2-1.0.2
diffutils-2.7
fileutils-3.16
findutils-4.1
flex-2.5.4
gawk-3.1.0
grep-2.4.2
gsar110
gzip-1.2.4
indent-2.2.9
jwhois-2.4.1
less-340
m4-1.4
make-3.78.1
patch-2.5
recode-3.6
rman-3.0.7
sed-3.02
shellutils-1.9.4
tar-1.12
textutils-2.1
unrar-3.00
wget-1.8.2
which-2.4"

--David Loyall

[snip]
> > Subject: tail in windows ?? need more options !!
> > Body:
> > i am trying to use tail command in windows, i downloaded the Win 2003
> > Server Resource Kit and got hold of tail.exe, so it does take options of
[snip]