[olug] Mythtv without TV?

Wes Ferrel wferrel at ferrel.org
Mon Feb 14 15:01:13 UTC 2005

Well, I rebuilt my myth setup into a different system.  Went fairly
smooth.  A couple of module load quirks (FC3) but not to bad to work
through.  I ran the apt-get to install myth-suite, and went to bed.  Got
everything setup the next day, and mythfrontend kept segfaulting after
complaining about bad proxy/username in mythphone.  Figuring I had
missed something, I ran another update, and what do you know, the
myth-suite package and the mythphone package both had new version.
Loaded those and it took off.

2 quirks which seem to be a common theme from my searches on the
myth-user's mailing list.

1. - I can't get lircd working.  It loads up and acts fine, but testing
with irw and use in myth doesn't happen.
2. - I get no sound initially until I change a channel.  Plays havoc
with recording.  Undoubtedly this has something to do with the ivtv
drivers (using a pvr-250).

I wasn't sure how it would work, but I dumped my database using webmin
from my old machine, and sourced it from command line in mysql.  First
run performed several schema upgrades, and took right off.