[olug] Did anyone else also get an email about the RAIDPort III card thread?

Tim OBrien IrishMASMS at OLUG.ORG
Thu Feb 10 18:34:31 UTC 2005

Did anyone else from the RAID card discussion last summer also get a
simmilar email?  This interesting email was sent to my OLUG account (of
course, it was sent HTML formatted... retard)

Looks like someone was Googling the OLUG archives looking for one of these
RAID cards. Sort of weird how he worded the email, and how www.FMR.com
does not come up in a Google search.

Thoughts?

Irish

Subject: RAIDPort III card
From:    "Hamilton, Ben" <Ben dot Hamilton at FMR dot com>
Date:    Thu, February 10, 2005 9:37 am
To:      irishmasms

You wrote:

"Working on the configuration and setup of some dual processor file & game
servers I have, and noticed that with the on board Adaptec SCSI they have
the capability for the RAID port add on card. Cool - I could add a few of
the 9 GB SCSI drives in and make them one large partition, righ?

Well, not as easy as we hoped. This motherboard has a RAIDport II
support,
and the ARO-1130U2 RAID card (donated from a friend) is for RAIDport III.
Doh! We did try the card in the system, would not work at all."

Tim, do you still have the RAIDPort III card?  I need one!  :-)

Thanks,

   Ben Hamilton
     Sr. Software Engineer/Developer
     SDE-ISS       FISC Development
     Ph. (817) 474-9807
     Pgr. (800) 759-8888 Pin 113-9021
     MailZone:  WB1O
     ben dot hamilton at fmr dot com

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Previous Publicity & Social activities chairperson