[olug] VOIP Provider info.

Tim OBrien IrishMASMS at OLUG.ORG
Wed Feb 9 16:45:34 UTC 2005

I was not impressed with Vonage at all, though Broadvoice has peaked my
interest.

There was a thread last month on the LVLUG list out here in Sin City. You
guys might be interested in reviewing.

Here is my post & input:
http://lvlug.org/pipermail/lvlug/2005-January/020506.html

HTH!

<quote who="Neal Rauhauser">

>  Vonage advertises Omaha numbers but the best they can do is a 712
> number from Council Bluffs. Don't know about porting your existing
> number but we're happy with the quality - roomie uses it to call buddies
> in England and he says its rock solid.
>

> Wes Ferrel wrote:
>
>> I'm starting to dig a little further into the information presented at
>> February's meeting.  There were a couple of VOIP providers recomended,
>> but my memory being what it is, I've managed to forget them.
>>
>> I'm seriously considering a move to a VOIP provider.  I'd prefer to be
>> able to port my current number to my new provider, but that may not be
>> totally necessary.
>>
>>       Thanks.
>>          Wes

Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Previous Publicity & Social activities chairperson
Omaha Linux User's Group (OLUG)
A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?
An often repeated quote on news.admin.net-abuse.email:
<I>
"Spam is not about content, it is about consent".
</i>