[olug] iPod & DRM [was: digital rights management at work]

OBrien, Timothy IrishMASMS at olug.org
Sat Dec 31 23:22:11 UTC 2005

<quote who="Rob Townley">
> i heard iTunes restricts where you can play your mp3s.  Something like
> ... download it ... can play it on an Apple ipod, but not another pc?

[snipped]

With a good Google search you can find a web page with step by step
procedures (with pretty images and graphics) on how to get around such
issues regarding tracks purchased via iTunes, or mistakenly ripped to the
AAC format.

Now, I have yet to purchase any tracks via iTunes; so YMMV - I am still
working on ripping my 500+ CDs to my 40GB iPod. Yes, I made sure they are
being ripped to MP3 and have not had any issues moving them to my new PC,
playing them on the new PC, or playing them on a PC that is considered my
off-site backup site. ;)

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien

A: No.
Q: Should I include e-mail quotations after my reply?
An often repeated quote on news.admin.net-abuse.email:
<I>
"Spam is not about content, it is about consent".
</i>