[olug] Jabber IM for buisness

wferrel wferrel at ferrel.org
Fri Dec 30 18:34:15 UTC 2005

I read an article about a month ago which had a nicely detailed layout
of setting up a jabber server for a buisness environment.  It outlined
the procedures to setup the server, along with a method of pulling
userlists from LDAP periodically to generate contact lists in Jabber so
internal users could know when each other is online.

I thought this was in an issue of Linux Journal, but going back through
my issues and their website, I seem to be coming up blank.  I've done
some google searching to try to find the article as well, but have had
no luck.

Does this ring a bell with any of you, or do you have any guidance /
direction on where I might find such information?

I've been asked to look into an internal IM solution for work and I'm
trying to find this article again as (if memory serves) the solution it
outlines is very much in line with what our needs would be.

    Thanks
       Wes