[olug] OT: DLL Hell

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 29 22:40:45 UTC 2005

Well, http://www.driverguide.com was still free a few
weeks ago, so I know they exist.  Between that and
Google searches for the offending card, they're likely
your best bet for win98.
Not sure about the dirapi.dll error, but Epson tends
to have good availability for drivers even for their
older printers right off their web site.

--- dthacker9 at cox.net wrote:

> Today I've been reminded why I happily abandoned
> Windows 3 years ago.  I had to wipe a drive at my
> wife's office, and re-installed W98SE.   The video
> drivers that were a b*tch to find 2 years ago, are
> not not available, and when I try and install the
> print drivers for my EPSON Inkjet the CD fails with
> an invalid page fault to DIRAPI.DLL.  Anybody know
> if this dll is video related?  I might just find
> another card to chuck into it.  Pointers to TFM are
> welcome.
> BTW, is it just me or are the free windows drivers
> sites just about gone?
>
> Dave Thacker

https://www.ericshaus.com
Alcohol and Calculus don't mix.  Never drink and derive.