[olug] the bandwidth cost lecture (again)

Matthew Hudson hexsane at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 04:08:46 UTC 2005

Neal. If you would stop spouting the horrors of getting a connection and
actually just give a few good alternatives I think your blood pressure would
go down and you may be able to sleep at night.

What Neal is trying to say is - if you are a business and don't have the
cash for a dedicated line simply outsource to another location, otherwise
deal with what you can get in your locale.

If you don't mind ssh, sftp, scp, etc then go and find a space out there in
the ether and put your content on a distant server.

-Matt

On 12/28/05, Neal Rauhauser <neal at lists.rauhauser.net> wrote:

> >I have been haggling ISP's again latly and I am looking for DSL.
>
> >I just moved right next to southroads mall right behind sears and I am
> wondering if any of U out there know where the qwest CO is in relation to my
> location and why I cant get dsl pro at that location.
> >

>     There is an OC12 in that building leading to the tandem (19th and
> Douglas) that belongs to IP Revolution (Cosentry now?) and they've got

<SNIP>