[olug] X11, and Nvidia dual display help pls

Charles Bird thebirdman at operamail.com
Wed Dec 28 21:23:36 UTC 2005

Got a slack 10.2 machine running 2.6.13 kernel...96MB ram heehe, and Fluxbox as WM.

I have recently aquired a nividia mx400 64MB ram pci videocard for a project i am working on, and I installed the run pkg from nvidia, it compiled and I tried to do the usual "startx" with crash after crash, and nothing saying EE as an error in the log...I discover that for some reason that inetd wasnt running by default anymore when system boots....
so I started it and then startx worked, no problems, however i am wanting to send signal out of the composite side along with  VGA and I am now pretty much stuck and wondering what to do or where to look next, any ideas?

Thx in advance, Charles