[olug] YellowDog?

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Mon Dec 26 05:11:42 UTC 2005

gregory at r3g.net wrote:
> Will I be able to find YellowDog Linux to suit a PowerPC 7100/80 that I just inherited?
>
> //gwz

Here are my experiences from a couple years back on a 7100.  Admittedly
I did not try very hard with this machine, because I acquired a better
model that I switched to.

<http://www.christtrek.org/tim/lnx/7100.shtml>

Linux on the x100 machines is a bit difficult because they are basically
the old Nubus architecture with a PPC chip grafted on.  I don't really
follow this anymore, but you might check out this site and do some googling.

<http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/>

If you would like to borrow my CDs, I've got MkLinux DR3 and LinuxPPC
2000Q4 if you can't find them anymore.  I think you can still get YDL
2.1 and upward online, but I have those CDs too.

Tim

--
Tim & Alethea
christtrek.org