[olug] Computer Woes....

Phil Brammer olug at wjjeep.com
Wed Dec 14 22:16:01 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 02:06:10PM -0800, Joe Gulizia wrote:
> My machine locks up....
> replaced the power supply, switched ribbon cables and
> hard drives,  when I ran "Memory" under "Utilities" in
> SUSE 9.3 Professional the machine locked up and I
> couldn't even get the monitor to show a display
> (yellow light like the machine wasn't on as opposed to
> green light when on)....
>
> [SNIP]
>
> On startup machine only recognizes 512 Meg out of 1.25
> Gig of RAM....
>
> [SNIP]

Oh jeez...  Seems to be the month for lock-ups...  Hey, maybe it's something freak like static electricity now that we're into winter?

Anyway, what motherboard do you have?  What type of memory are you using?  Are the mem sticks the same type/speed?  Switch them around and see what happens.  Can't hurt.

Phil