[olug] Computer Locking Up

Jake Churchill jachurchill at cox.net
Mon Dec 12 05:13:32 UTC 2005

I've used SuSE for a long time and along the way they've done some
things to make the num lock turn on by default on powerup.  Try
selecting a different runlevel as default (I'm assuming you're running
on 5, try defaulting to 3 and see if it still happens).  /etc/inittab is
the file that controls this.