[olug] HDTV MythTV

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Fri Dec 9 13:44:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005, Brandon Lederer wrote:

> Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 23:25:29 -0600
> From: Brandon Lederer <olug at zerocoolhideout.net>
> To: olug at olug.org
> Subject: [olug] HDTV MythTV
>
> Has anyone set up over-the-air HD using the card from http://www.pchdtv.com/ ?
> Just curious because I am considering it and would like to know if anyone in
> Omaha has done it with Success?
>
> Can I keep my PVR-250 in the box at the same time as the HD-3000 card?

Have you done a search of the MythTV mailing list for any clues?  I don't
think anyone in OLUG with a Myth box has a HD card (that I've heard of).
If they have, they should do a presentation. :)

I don't see why you cannot do it.  You'll simply have to install the
drivers for it, and assign the appropriate /dev/videoX device, and assign
a channel list to it in your input screen in myth setup.

Is your PVR-250 also doing 'over the air' (terrestrial) reception?

Jon L.

PS - Just because someone hasn't responded to your message, doesn't mean
that they won't.  Try to avoid posting the same question in multiple email
messages.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/