[olug] Checking a hard drive while running a Live CD

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 04:12:07 UTC 2005

The hard drive has SUSE Linux 9.3 Professional on it
BUT it never makes it all the way through the
install/update process without hanging....then I have
to reboot.

Knoppix seems to run fine (from RAM) as did Damn Small
Linux (from RAM and installed on the hard drive)....

Basically I'm trying to find out if the Hard Drive is
going bad...

Originally hda6 (/home) and hda11 were bad.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

--- Mike Peterson CoxMail