[olug] SuSE 9.3 DVD issues

Mario Steele eumario at trilake.net
Tue Aug 23 01:22:21 UTC 2005

Jake,

Have you disabled the auto-mount function in SuSE 9.3/Gnome/KDE/Whatever
itself?  I have noticed, even though the fstab has automount disabled,
that Some Window Managers, and some Distro's will raw patch code in, to
detect when a CD is inserted, and automount the device.  This tends to
have dis-agreements with the command-line mount/umount system.  As to
some DVD's working, and Some Not, have you checked to make sure that the
DVD's your attempting to use (If they are custom written), are DVD R[/W]
Single Layer, or DVD R[/W] Double Layer?  I've known some DVD-Roms, and
DVD Players themselvs, to have trouble with Single-Layer, and
Double-Layer media.  It may be the problem your having as well

Mario Steele