[olug] Replacing the Weather Bug

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Tue Aug 16 04:58:50 UTC 2005

The "kitchen computer" has officially been replaced, and is now running SuSE
9.3 running KDE.  Outside of the grumbling about having to login, I've had
few complaints.  I do see one heading down the road, though.
My wife runs the "weather bug" utility on her PC at work, and we used to run
it on the former kitchen computer.  I need something that will pull weather
data from NWS in Omaha, and display it prettily on the system tray.  I've
seen a weather component in Kontact, but the data it shows is pretty limited.
Anybody seen a "weather bug" replacement for linux?

Dave Thacker