[olug] Novell Plans to Open SuSE Linux Pro to Community

Scott Jones scottj.org at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:39:47 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 03 August 2005 07:53, Craig Wolf wrote:

> Novell is opening SuSE Linux to community-based development, sources
> say, with a model similar to Red Hat's recent move with Fedora.
>
> hmm...What does this mean for us.  This is making me nervous since I
> was not fond of the way Red Hat did their thing...

So far, this is just "according to sources close to the company".  For all we
know, this means they interviewed Ray Noorda at the nursing home.  All the
SuSE employees I've spoken to haven't said anything more than that there will
be actual details, FAQs, etc. (as opposed to speculation) released next week.

--
Homepage                        http://scottj.org
XFce desktop environment        http://www.xfce.org