[olug] Mandriva 10.1 install

Nate tbrownarcher at cox.net
Sat Apr 30 07:13:31 UTC 2005

K.J.Kirwan.
I have had this problem with certain distros before but I have also had
success too ... for instance the puter I'm trying to put this on has
Mandrake 10.0 on it.  I have had in the past certain distros of Red had
and Suse.. I have never had success with any Debian and have had
problems with both Red Hat and Mandrake also but I usually have no
problem.
I'm basicly a 6 year old NEW user because I don't use it enough to
become familiar enough with it.

the computers I have are all 3 running XP.  The one I'm trying to put it
on is however a 300 mhz DIT special about 4 years old but works fine
having had a 15 gig partition with XP and a 15 gig partition with
Mandrake 10.

I actually suspect that I have done something wrong in the download of
the 3 disks.  I downloaded them with a 2.8 ghz Del machine.  I burned
them with a software called Sonic which came with the Del machine which
is 2 weeks old or less.

Thank you for the reply ,
Nate