[olug] http://www.optimumdata.com/Cisco-WS-C2948G-L3.html

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 17:57:18 UTC 2005

We've been using some cheap hubs (cheapest off the shelf retail stuff)
in 8 to 24 port capacity, all 100mbit...

And ya know what ? We've already had two problems related to using
them. The place they're deployed is in a rural Oklahoma area that has
some power issues.... brown outs (or just bad hardware) have caused
one or more hubs to die out there.

Were the hubs on a surge protector ? Not the first time.  This second
time they were supposed to be... dunno if they indeed were or not.

So - lesson - if you're serious, buy something with an acredited name on it :)

-Will