[olug] *sending* e-mail on a non-SMTP port?

David Walker olug at grax.com
Mon Apr 4 20:40:32 UTC 2005

I like to use ssh for this. The line below forwards port 25 over an ssh
connection.
ssh -g -L 25:localhost:25 mail.linder.org

But if you run this on your firewall it will also external connections to port
25.  You'll probably want to block external connections to port 25 using IP
tables or run this on a non-firewall machine.

For Postfix you could try "relayhost = mail.linder.org:65537" in your main.cf
although I haven't tried it myself.