[olug] LPI exams at Infotec

Aaron Grothe ajgrothe at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 20:31:39 UTC 2005

Hey All,

First off, I'm not affliated with Infotec in any way (well I am a speaker this year, but as a
coordinator).  I did do some introductions from LPI to Infotec.  So anything I say here is my
opinion, and may or may not be correct.

Clarification: I believe only the 101 & 201 exams will be offered at the testing center.  We'll
still need to go through prometric/vue or the like to get the 102 or 202 exam to complete your
certification.  I'm not 100% sure on this, I've got an e-mail in to the guy at LPI and will let
you  know when I hear back with a defintive answer.

You need to register with LPI outside of any registration you've done with Infotec.  The URL to
register with LPI is https://www.lpi.org/en/register.html you need an LPI User ID or you won't be
able to sit for the exam.

Bring photo ID to the testing center (A driver's license should be sufficent).

If you're still working on studying the best place to probably spend your time is the tutorial at
IBM's developerworks site http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linux-lpir21-i.html
and/or the reference I e-mailed out earlier http://www.certification-crazy.net/lpi_study.htm

Bring your lucky number 2 pencil.  The test is paper based I believe.

Hope to see everybody at the test.  LPI is one of the better Linux certs and I'm looking forward
to chance to see if all my prep has been sufficent.

Regards,

Aaron
-=-=-
"The Journey is the Reward" - Old Zen Buddhist Saying