[olug] Quicktime or configuring a Video Player for MP4

Carl Lundstedt clundst at unlserve.unl.edu
Thu Sep 30 16:42:16 UTC 2004

This has been my experience as well.

Look for XINE on the web and all its associated codecs and plugins.

Through some magic (which I've forgotten) I can watch quicktime movies
in my mozilla browser transparently.  Wish I remembered how I did that.

Xine or totem should work for .mp4 though...

Carl Lundstedt
UNL
On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 10:56, Sean Edwards wrote:
> Unless it is specifically a Quick Time file, I do not
> have problems viewing video on Linux.  Between Real
> Player, Totem, and Xine, I can view most video content
> out there.
>
> -=Sean Edwards=-
>
> --- Joe Gulizia <jrguliz at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > I have video clips in.mp4 format.  I need to find
> > out
> > if Quicktime 6.0 or better can run on Linux
> > systems...I've heard that MAC OS 10 applications may
> > work since they are unix-based.  True?
> >
> > If NO then how can I configure a Linux .mp4 player
> > view the downloaded clips?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > CB_Joe

Carl Lundstedt <clundst at unlserve.unl.edu>