[olug] Hosed Distro...(Part Three?) NOW Printing Error

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 28 01:12:55 UTC 2004

1)Open a document using Open Office.

2)Go to ?File? ?Print?

3)   Get options of ?Generic Printer? or ?Kprinter?.

4)   If I choose ?Generic Printer? nothing happens
when I try to print.

5)   If I choose ?KPrinter? then the Kprint dialog
comes up with a dashed line.

6)   Open the KPrinter ?Add Printer Wizard? I can
click the ?Next? button and get to what printer
settings are available.

7)   I click on ?Local Printer?,  ?Next?

8)   Then ?Parallel? and then I need to enter
something in the ?URI? field.  What goes in there?

9)   If I put a number in the URI field, it will say
Number doesn't match port then a driver database list
opens.  Then I selected HP ? HP Deskjet 842C.

10)  It comes up with a ?Test? and ?Settings? options
page.

11)  When I try to print I get ?Enter User Name? and
?Password? box.

12)  Finally it comes back with ?Authentication
Failed?.

Alas ?No Printing? possible.  Any help possible.