[olug] Hosed Distro

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 01:55:55 UTC 2004

THe Novell Disk says that hda2 and hda6 are bad
(Bootloader among those corrupted).

It won't repair itself...says to do manually.

I'll try the fdisk -l as outlined below.

Things are in the ext2/ext3 area.

Hard to tell exactly how far into the startup it
dies....somewhere near the end of loading according to
the status bar.

Someone else suggested putting in a case fan also to
help things run cooler. Never done that before.
Need to find one of those.

I'll check all cables also.

Thanks.

Joe Gulizia