[olug] Local internet access.

Ben Dinger ben at mac-geek.com
Fri Sep 17 14:25:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 10:03:51PM -0500, Andrew Embury wrote:
> I'd like to hear how loud they will laugh if you call up an ISP and tell
> them you want to BGP peer with them over DSL :)

Either laugh, or cry silent tears of "omg this is going to be the worst call EVAR!" :)

Also, we assume that the ISP will even KNOW what BGP IS.  Most today probably will have absolutely no clue, if it isn't on their help scripts or clue cards.  Granted they probably have NetEng's or Sysadmins that know, but anyone you get on the phone won't ;)

--
Ben Dinger
ben at mac-geek.com
"The Pope?  How many divisions has he got?" --Josef Stalin