[olug] "top"-like program for IO...

Brian Roberson roberson at olug.org
Thu Sep 16 16:52:26 UTC 2004

Just like almost all unixes, there are the standard commands such as

sar
iostat
vmstat

- you might need to install them however, they seem to not be part of any base linux distro install.

examples:

Tell me how much disk io I have now, update every seconds and display for 10 seconds:
iostat -x 1 10

Tell me some virtual memory information ( again every second for 10 seconds )
vmstat 1 10