[olug] Local internet access.

Ben Dinger ben at mac-geek.com
Sun Sep 12 21:14:03 UTC 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 03:24:11PM -0500, David Loyall wrote:
<snip>
> Now, what if I get Qwest DSL with the BYO ISP option, and chose some
> local ISP that will also do CO-LO for me.  ..Is there any such ISP?
> Does DSL suck around here?
</snip>

Yup, Internet Nebraska (http://www.inebraska.com).  Granted, I'm a tad biased because I used to work there, and am good friends with a bunch of guys that work there, but in all honesty it's a good company.  They offer ISP service for Qwest DSL's, and also offer very affordable colo.

> Is there anything I should know, like does so-in-so ISP require me to
> use PPPoE, or not offer reverse DNS, or not have full usenet spools,
> or whatever?

Qwest only offers reverse DNS on "business" level DSL's, MSN doesn't offer it at all, and I'm not sure what other providers are a choice up there.  All Qwest DSL's in Nebraska (afaik) are still PPPoA, so that's a big bonus.

Good luck!

BD