[olug] DoDNS extortion

Eric Lusk wyrmzr72 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 13:53:34 UTC 2004

more likely it crosses internation lines.
There has been quite a bit of extortion going on with
web sites, usually you get an email from some
organization that basically specializes in
cyber-terrorism.
I would suppose that the best defense is offsite
servers to run for just such an occasion.  It is
interesting that they've gone with DoDNS instead of
the typical DoS attack.  But then again, companies are
learning how to deal with DoS, so this is probably
just the logical progression for such groups.

=====
http://www.ericshaus.com