[olug] Mythtv

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Thu Sep 2 22:13:54 UTC 2004

The PVR250's do HW encoding, If it is a backend-only machine, then you
could use PVR250MCE's,(I have not yet tested these, but have heard from
others using these, and I will be testing these sometime soon on the store
MythTV boxes) which would lower your cost.

2gig/hour is at the default settings, you could also set it up to
transcode after recording to cut down on the long-term storage
requirement.