[olug] slack10 install issue

William Langford unfie at cox.net
Thu Oct 28 03:31:05 UTC 2004

... Month old thread, I know.  Been busy...

Anyhoo, put slack 10 on the gateway at work in an effort to secure it
(as well as update it from the slack 7.x it was running before) and it's
been a breeze.  Slackware seems to be the only distro I've used that
CONSISTANTLY gets better with each release, and doesn't break third
party tools (cough).  It's not quite as automated as, say, Mandrake...
so I wouldn't suggest it as quickly for a clueless workstation, but it's
been awesome.

Viva-la-slack!

-Will