[olug] Suggestions for data recovery on failed HD

Trent Melcher tmelcher at trilogytel.com
Wed Oct 27 17:33:07 UTC 2004

Yes, also freezing the drive causes the heads and platters to contract
(minutely, but it does contract), this helps a drive that may have worn
components and the heads are possibly touching the platters.  After it thaws
though your still screwed, but give you the time to get your data off to a
"Stable" Drive.

Trent Melcher
Network/System Administrator
Startouch International LTD.