[olug] Suggestions for data recovery on failed HD

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Wed Oct 27 16:03:35 UTC 2004

Providing there's not physical platter damage Drive Savers can retrieve the
information but they are not cheap.  Last I knew it was something like $300
just to evaluate the drive.

If it's just the loader/OS that's dead and not the physical hardware you
might be able to retrieve it with a Live CD Linux distro (ala Knoppix).

Bill