[olug] flash player on Mozilla or Konqueror on Mandrake 10

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Mon Oct 11 02:46:55 UTC 2004

On Sunday 10 October 2004 18:55, Nathan Brown wrote:
> I have Mandrake 10 which by default uses konqueror for everything.  I
> went to the Huskers.com web site and was informed that Flash Player was
> not a part of Konqueror and did I wish to download it so I said yes.
> upon my attempt at installation I was told that the mozilla directory
> did not exist and that I needed it to install to.  I then downloaded
> Mozilla (probably could just have made a new directory called Mozilla )
> and got it working and then I tried to get konqueror to go to
> huskers.com.  I got the same message as before.  I'm sure this is
> because the directory Mozilla is in the wrong place to be of use to
> konqueror but then I dont' even know where Konqueror is.  Can someone
> help me here ?.

Were there any highlights on huskers.com? :)

The "Flash Player" software you have downloaded sounds like a plug-in for the
Mozilla web browser, and will most likely not work with Konqueror.  If you
have really downloaded and installed mozilla, you should be able to run
Mozilla and use it to browse huskers.com.  You can use the utility "locate"
to find the mozilla executable.

DT

--
Dave Thacker
'We must have had 99% of the game. It was the other three per cent