[olug] Metalog and log monitoring

William E. Kempf wekempf at cox.net
Fri Oct 8 19:12:29 UTC 2004

I'm running metalog as my log daemon now, as was suggested by the Gentoo
install docs.  I like some of the features of this logger, but there's
other things I'm not so sure about.  For one, it doesn't log to the
"normal" places.  Instead of /var/log/messages we have
/var/log/everything/current (at least I think it's supposed to be
comparable).  I could get used to this change, but the log monitoring
tools I've looked at (such as logsentry/logcheck) aren't compatible with
it.  So, before I switch back to syslog-ng, is there anyone else running
Metalog with some suggestions for automated log monitoring?

--
William E. Kempf