[olug] Linux-Friendly MP3 Players? (iRock, etc.)

Daniel Pfile daniel at pfile.net
Sat Nov 27 05:08:59 UTC 2004

It's onboard os is eCos

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/about.html

It uses a modified version of the empeg database and a custom
journaling FS.

There's an owners site at:

http://www.riovolution.com/

As far as the ipod goes, we got one for my roommate for his birthday,
he loves it. I am typing this on a powerbook, so I should get in the
pro apple jab somewhere. :) Of course, I'm watching tv one a chiped
xbox running linux and mythtv right now. Use the right tool for the
job.

-- Daniel