[olug] OpenSource ES

Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com Vincent.Raffensberger at dtn.com
Tue Nov 23 22:41:42 UTC 2004

I've worked with it quite a bit.  It's RHEL3, recompiled from sources. The
only changes are the logos, trademarks and up2date packages.
AFAIK, it's the only RHEL cloned distro that has a goal of NOT changing
anything and maintains binary compatibility with RHEL.

Beware that no updates have been published for it for in the last month or
more and the maintainers have been very silent on the WBEL lists.
That shouldn't be a problem since you can get any needed updates in
src.rpm and recompile them yourself.

Sean Edwards <cybersean3000 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: olug-bounces at olug.org
11/23/2004 04:28 PM
Please respond to
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com; Please respond to
Omaha Linux User Group <olug at olug.org>

olug at olug.org
cc

Subject
[olug] OpenSource ES

Has anybody done anything with the White Box project?

http://www.whiteboxlinux.org/index.html

-=Sean Edwards=-