[olug] Can't get usbnet module to load with modprobe

Glen VanMilligan glenv at vpcvalley.com
Fri Nov 19 21:39:09 UTC 2004

Hi,
Can someone point me in the right direction in getting the usbnet module to be
recognized as usb0.  I'm running SUSE9.1 and there is a usbnet.ko module in
the "/lib/modules/2.6.5-7.111-smp/kernel/drivers/usb/net" directory.  i've
tried to "modprobe usbnet" but it doesn't reconize usbnet (lsmod  doesn't
show it).

Also, can someone tell me what kind of module a .ko is?  is there some other
program that will load this object into the kernel?
--Glen