[olug] Trouble with DiamondLink software for a Mitsubishi 7011A UPS

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 16:15:13 UTC 2004

1) Do you have the correct cable?  Some of the APC UPS
units have proprietary wiring schemes for their
"serial" cables; a serial or null modem cable may not
necessarily work.

2) Are you using the correct device?  Some of the
serial device names changed with kernel 2.4

3) Is there another program using the serial port?

4) Have you read the Serial HOWTO?:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Serial-HOWTO.html

-=Sean Edwards=-