[olug] C book recs

Eric Pierce eric_olug at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 18 15:45:10 UTC 2004

Thanks for the long, informative replay (and to everyone else who responded so
damn quickly - I posted this at midnight last night and find 5 replies sitting
in my inbox this morning at 8am!  You guys are awesome :]  )

So it sounds like my wife's '94 Deitel C book should be a good starting spot.
My experience currently w/programming is with web based scripting languages
(php, javascript & (ugh) coldfusion).  I've studied C++ basics as well, some
bash scripting, and long, long ago I even dabbled in assembler on (don't laugh)
the Apple ][+.

I'd like to get into gui programming with C.  I've been looking at the Gnome 2
developers guide a bit, and I thought it'd be swell to do some GTK2 stuff.

Anyway, thanks again!
Eric Pierce