[olug] Trouble with DiamondLink software for a Mitsubishi 7011A UPS

Eric Johnson eric_j at oasis.novia.net
Thu Nov 18 15:24:51 UTC 2004

Has anyone ever configured a machine to run the Mitsubishi Diamondlink (v
3.0) software on a Linux machine? The machine I am working with is running
Gentoo.

The embedded web server is coming up; the serial port is there and I can
see some messages coming in from the UPS by doing a 'cat /dev/ttyS0', but
the software insists that the UPS is not present.

The Mitsubishi support seems to mainly consist of telling me to use a
configuration application that doesn't exist -- although I'm sure it's
very spiffy in the Windows version.

I suspect that I'm being used as an alpha-tester on this without being
informed since they weren't even able to get me a hand-burned CD with the
installation package.

If anyone has a clue on this, I'll definitely appreciate some help.

-- Eric Johnson
-- eric_j at oasis.novia.net

This space intentionally left blank