[olug] HDTV capture cards...

Eli Criffield olug at criffield.net
Mon Nov 15 14:20:15 UTC 2004

I got mythtv up and working about a year ago, Its probably advanced a lot
since then. It was a lot of fun tinkering with it, good way to learn about
video codecs and that kinda stuff, but i didn't watch a lot of tv.
Now i have a cox DVR cable box, it just works, it even records HDTV
(thought my tv isn't HDTV so i dono what the quality is like), and the
cox DVR costs a lot less then setting up a MythTV.

Long story short if you want to spend all your time tinkering with you DVR
setup MythTV, if you want to watch TV just get the cox DVR.

sorry i know nothing about HDTV tuner cards. (don't you hate it when
someone doesn't answer your question and instead tells you why its a bad
idea to begin with)

eli