[olug] Linux Employment

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 11 21:11:32 UTC 2004

> They even sent massive amounts of people to .Net
> training to bone up on this.  But I still get emails
> from my friend with Java questions now and again ...
> I asked him, "I though you guys were an MS shop?"
>
> His answer: "That plan was scrapped -- too
> expensive."

> He also said that they wouldn't do Linux because
> they needed someone to  sue if it didn't work out.

So did they sue Microsoft when that "didn't work out?"

Uh . . . No.

Did they sue Microsoft because their .Net
implementation was "too expensive?"
Uh . . . No.

Did they find a Linux vendor willing to be sued when
"it doesn't work out?"
Uh . . . No. If they did, let me know which one so I
can stay away far away from that distro.

My skepticism remains.

-=Sean Edwards=-