[olug] Mandrake vs. Suse bandwidth

Brandon Lederer brandon at tolkien-movies.com
Sat May 29 16:42:45 UTC 2004

given that, I would say make sure DMA Is enabled on your HDDs....  sometimes
the kernel doesnt do that.   HDD Performance was much improved in 2.6 i
think.  hdparm --help will get you startted.  the option i think u want is -d
1 to turn it on , -d will just tell you what its currently at.  theres also
an hdparm -t and -T to check speeds i believe.