[olug] Suse 9 and ext3

John DiMartino john_dimartino at mac.com
Thu May 27 13:28:15 UTC 2004

Okay, this is going to sound like a noob question but I just installed
Suse 9.0 via FTP.  When I booted up for the first time Suse didn't
recognized my ext3 hard drives - no big deal.  Except that I tried to
add them manually to fstab but it errored out saying that the kernel
doesn't support ext3.

I have done google searches and the suses support database was offline
as of this morning and so I am asking you guys - how do I get ext3
support for Suse without recompiling the kernel?  Is there a simple way?

Thanks guys,
John