[olug] Request for volunteers: ATC technology show at Offutt AFB Club on June 10th

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Wed May 26 02:52:22 UTC 2004

I have coordinated a table for the technology show being held at the
Offutt AFB club on June 10th from 10 am to 2 pm. Organized by ATC
[http://www.atc-expo.com/], they coordinate for different vendors to set
up displays, give out swag - like a a mini-InfoTec vendor area for the
folks in the Offutt community with free refreshments.

I have already talked with our PVR expert Jon Larson, and he is willing to
bring his Myth TV setup. We would like to have 2 or three more people to
assist with the booth & bring a Linux setup. Perhaps a laptop or two, and
with us wearing some Linux/BSD/Open source swag?

Now, getting on & off of Offutt AFB can be interesting sometimes. So I
need an email to me directly (not to the entire list) confirming your
willingness & ability to assist with this event so I can coordinate what
is needed.

Also, if we can get some distro ISO CD's burned & labeled to hand out it
would also be greatly appreciated.

Any other thoughts or ideas, email me off list.

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson